Sunday, March 5, 2017

Why I Don't Have to Prove I Can Do Everything Equal to a Man

I struggle to understand why women feel they have to prove they can do everything that men can do. I don't get the argument when on the flip side it's clear that MEN WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO WHAT A WOMAN CAN DO! Yes, that's right. We, as women, were given this incredible power to create within our bodies other human beings! We have the ability to bear children. Is that not amazing? How in the world does that not empower every woman and make her cherish her God-given abilities? And as much as a man may want to have this miraculous ability, he never will. When did women stop seeing how incredible we truly are? When did women start feeling they had to prove they were everything a man is especially when a man will never be everything a woman is? Personally, I feel truly honored for the gender that I was created to be. I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

And as far as "just" being a stay-at-home mom...there is no "just" about it! I am a stay-at-home mom because I choose to be not because I am not capable of doing anything else. It is not less of a title or position then any other title I could hold. In fact, the title of "mother" is one of the most powerful and influential positions that a person could ever have should they strive to fulfill that role well. We, as women, have the power to shape the future. We can take the opportunity to raise up a generation that is better than the world has known.

As a side-note, just because I truly value my womanhood and the abilities I have been given as such, does not mean that I value men any less. I am grateful for the men who live what a true man should be. I feel blessed for those men who respect womanhood and take seriously the role that they have as fathers, priesthood holders, and husbands. What great responsibilities they hold! (Kind of glad I'm not them!). I cannot imagine the pressure to have a whole family counting on you to provide for every want and need. Every decision effects so much more than them. A man's failures can impact every member of his family, company, and what probably feels like the whole world. So can we all just quit trying to prove we are "as good as" or "as capable as" anybody else? It's the differences that make us unique and special and come together as a part of something bigger that blends so beautifully together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment