Monday, June 7, 2021

Rerouting...

On a road-trip with my dad, we enthusiastically took off to go pick up my new van. Our destination:  Bullhead City, Arizona.  We had a rough idea of where we thought it was--somewhere up by Lake Powell so we headed north on the I-15 from our home in St. George. As soon as we were on our way, I decided to turn on our GPS to verify more specifically where our destination was located. My dad and I were both surprised to discover that Bullhead City was the opposite way we were headed. We needed to be headed south on the 15 and go through Las Vegas. Our GPS got us going the right way and we were both glad we checked before we had gone too far in the wrong direction. 

We finally made it to Bullhead City. While we were waiting at a light we plugged in the exact address we were traveling to. The light turned green as it came up, but it was too late to make the correct righthand turn. Our GPS rerouted us. We were able to take another route that consisted of a slight detour, but we did make it safely to our intended destination.

Life can be a lot like my drive to Bullhead City. Sometimes we take a wrong turn and sometimes life sends us on other detours we did not anticipate. However, in Heavenly Father's most perfect plan, He provided the Atonement of Jesus Christ which can be our GPS. A perfect navigation system without flaw. Because of His sacrifice, we can always be rerouted to arrive where we are meant to go for our greatest happiness and to become who we are meant to be to find the greatest peace as we fulfill our eternal purposes. He knows our exact location and He knows every single possible route to get us to our destination. We are never too far lost. We are never so far off track that He doesn't know our location or how to bring us back on course.

I am grateful everyday that the Atonement has led me and brought me back on course after traveling through the roughest terrains when life has taken unexpected detours. Sometimes it has been step-by-step guidance, but it has always given me perfectly exact direction in getting me on course to the life I desire and am meant to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment